Attractions in Noordhoek and surroundings
We've lost our hearts to Noordhoek and so have many of our guests. We welcome
them year after year. Four (!) of them we can call neighbours as they
have realized their dream of their own home in Noordhoek in the last
Our unique beach is featured in many travel brochures and commercials. You might have had a first glance of it from Chapman's Peak Drive, then headed for Cape of Good Hope, Boulders or Cape Town without further stop in our lovely village.
You've missed a lot, including:
- The Farmvillage with its special atmosphere, great restaurants as The Foodbarn, live music at Cafe Roux and various shops for crafts and delicacies,
- A walk or a ride along the beach through the dunes, past the lagoon to the shipwreck of Kakapo. With some luck and at the right time, you can also see whales and dolphins in the sea and flamingos in the lagoon,
- The rocky beach section "The Hoek", which is especially beautiful at sunset and also firms as a world class surf spot,
- The award-winning Cape Point Vineyards, with its restaurant, a weekly food market and great picnics,
- The nature reserve Silvermine with great hiking trails with unique views, a lake with warm water for swimming and tracks for mountain bikers,
- Our 'Common', a huge meadow with streams in the middle of the village where riding, open-air events or even a birthday party or commercials take place.
- The numerous beauty studios, where you can regenerate after strenuous excursions or
- For the more practical-oriented, our Longbeach Mall with over 100 shops and restaurants.
Noordhoek is certainly one of the most relaxed places in South Africa. We're blessed to live in this beautiful place and we love to share this happiness with you.
Our little village is located in the middle of the Cape Peninsula halfway from Cape Town to the Cape of Good Hope and is therefore an ideal starting point for countless activities.
Nearly all the attractions of the region can be reached within half an hour.
Other trips like the whales of Hermanus, the flower bloom in the Westcoast National Park, wildlife in a game reserve or the famous winelands of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek can be easily realized from Noordhoek as a half day or a day trip.
A few suggestions for Noordhoek and trips to the surroundings of Noordhoek can be seen below, as well as the approximate travel times to these destinations.